Neo Domino City

-If you are not a member yet. REGISTER
-If you are a member already log in.
-Read the Rules if is your first time here.
-Introduce your self.
-Have fun posting and dueling.

A city for Fan Fic, Role Playing and ofcourse DUELING.

Ham: NeoDC / pass: 123

Battle Mechanic

Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Battle Mechanic

Post by Grayz on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:08 am

In battle or in a fight you'll must follow the battle Mechanic.

Attack: You'll be dealing damage to one target.
    Skill: Your physical ability and doing special physical damage.
    Magic: Your Magical ability dealing magical damage.
    Summon: Summon a Duel Monster dealing Damage from the ATK Points of the Monster, or it can defense you according it DEF Points.
    Defense: Cutting More Damage then you should.
    Escape: RUN AWAY!!!.

How to determine Attack Damage:
    -Base on your physical strength and your dice rolls. Then multiply it together to deal Damage if you have a weapon add the product of the STR and your Dice roll.
    For example: STR: 3 dice roll: 4 = 12 + Stick 50 STR =62 damage.

How to determine Skill Damage:
    -Your Skill are set damage meaning it always deal the same damage.
    Example: OMEGA HYPER SLASH BREAKING HEAVEN-Deals only 1 damage
    **You can upgrade your skills.
    **Buy them at the Shop section when its up.

How to determine Magic Damage:
    -Your Base Mana multiply with dice roll and then the product multiply with the magic cost. For example Magic Fire- Mana 6 * Dice Roll 5 = 30(Magic Powers). Magic Power + Fire(which add 25 damage) = 60 magic fire damage.
    ** When you have an equipment that raise mana it will replace your base mana unlike physical power.
    **Get magic at Shop.~-_-~

How to Calculate...........make that How does Summon works.
    -When you summon a Duel Monster to attack it deal damage to your opponent equal to its ATK Points and/or Effect. For example : Summon Ultimate Baseball Kid-ATK 500 vs some dude who have 100 HP. Deals 500 damage. UBK vs some dude wear fire armor with 1000 HP. Deals 500 Damage plus 1000 with UBK effect.
    -When you summon a Duel Monster for Defending that Monster DEF Point will be able to negate Damage equal or lower to it through out the battle. It will not disappear like attacking DM summons. If it destroyed while defending its effect will activate like Winged Kuriboh. Marshmallon and it kind cannot be destroyed and good for one high attack that higher that your HP after that it disappear. Flip or Flip effect monster summon face down.
    -To summon a DM you need spiritual enegry that you get from your SPR stat. If you have 4 spirit point you can summon up monster from level 1-4. You can summon multiple spirit but maximum is 5.
    - To summon multiple monster you need a high SPR. If you have 5 SPR then you can summon up one level 3 and one level 2 or two level 2 and one level 1.
    -To summon monster level 5 or higher you need to tribute them like playing YGO. But you need alot of SPR. When your tribute them add it with your SPR and the Previous monster level like Level 2 is tributed for Level 6, so you need 8 SPR. Same rules apply to multiple summon so you'll need 16 SPR for 2 level 6.
    -To tribute a monster make sure that monster do not attack or defence. Just type "I summon "D.D warrior Lady" to the field *the summon did nothing*".
    -You can only summon one DM once a turn.
    -Yes the summon can be brought at the store or by story(but make sure you get permission).
    -Sorry for the tight rules for the summon. I want to prevent cheating.

How to calculate Damage and Defending:
    -When you receive damage you'll receive the damage after calculating with your defense.
    If you have DEF of 20(plus armor) and you'll receive damage of 62. Now you have to minus your DEF with the dice roll. DEF 20 - Dice roll 4 = 16. So now you'll receive damage of 62 - 16 = 48 damage . Cut with your HP with 48 damage.
    *This will change in the future if its to dificult to follow*
    -When you Defend, your base STM * DEF. For example your base STM 5 * DEF 20 so you'll can defend for 100 damage meaning you do not receive any damage below or equal to 100. When you defend you cannot attack.

Monster Effect
    Check this section: Monster Effect

Well that so far for battle mechanics. Enjoy fighting.

Last edited by Grayz on Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:08 am; edited 4 times in total

Re: Battle Mechanic

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 am

I don't like the buying skills and magic at the shop thing, skills and magic should be learned with physical/spiritual training, or earned with skill points or wathever you like, but not by buying them like if they where items.

Also, the summoning mosnter thing is broken...if we all have 100 HP then summoning any LV1 monster would kill us with one shot even if we are defending. The idea is good thought, but it's just too overpowered, I can't realy think about anything to balance it right now.
    Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Post by Grayz on Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 am

Yes I do agree with you about gaining skill and magic by training but....then someone can just make a RP that he have a super di-duper skill without any payment or cost. Thus the buying skills stays so everyone can earn points and buy themselves skills, or I can Open a Dojo or Magic School for the skills and magic but they have to earn the right points. How about that?

Yes the summon is a bit broken but I will sell The monsters by REP points, THAT RIGHT YOU MUST HAVE A LOT OF REP POINTS!!!. So not so broken unless someone just join us and have a gazillion rep points appear we all DOOM!!. (Rep items can be only sell by Shop Keepers members or other Mods and GM)

**NO UPDATE

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:53 pm

We'll see that around the game play I guess.

Even thought, I'm not sure the monsters should have their effects, specialy because most of them would be hart to apply (example: how are you going to make your oponent draw a card with chainsaw insect) also, it would turn the battle in a yu-gi-oh duel exept that you can take out your oponent's life points by punching them
    Very Happy.
    Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Post by Grayz on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:03 pm

it would turn the battle in a yu-gi-oh duel exept that you can take out your oponent's life points by punching them Very Happy.

Yeah that was what I was targeting. Yeah some monster have that effect, I plan to get that explain after we have enough players. Aww heck I explain them now.

*UPDATE* check original post.

Last edited by Grayz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:45 am

Well, I think those effects are ok. Maybe increasing the characters start life would make it more balanced thought.

I guess you forgot some effects like gain/decrease life points and atack directly, cannot be targeted (by an effect or by an atack.) change level/atribute/type cannot be destroyed by battle, discard a card from the hand, send a card from the deck to the graveyard hum...and many more I cant think of.

What about Fusion Ritual and synchro summoning so as suming conditions like Doom Dozer or Garuda, the wind spirit?
    Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Post by Grayz on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:57 pm

Hmm well I should make a different tread for random, boss and summon monster effect. You can help me out there....way too many complication for the monsters. The starting HP stays for now.(I need to talk too celtic about this)

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:19 am

Yeah I think you should make a card shop where all the effects are explained, but for now, I thought about some of the effects I mentioned:

Gain/decrease life points: speacks for itself.

Attack directly: Ignores any armor the character wears.

Cannot be targeted by spell cards: can not be targeted by spells but global spells still afect them..

Cannot be targeted by trap cards
    : same, but with items.

Cannot be targeted by monsters effects: same but with monster effects.

Cannot be selected as an atack target: cannot be atacked.

Change level/atribute/type: I think this one specks for itsefl too

Cannot be destroyed by battle: cannot be destroyed by annother monster

Discard a card from
    the hand: you lose one of your skills untill the end of the fight

Send a card from the deck to the graveyard: same but it most be an unused skill.
    Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Post by Grayz on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Well I think its awesome except that the effect for discards. I rather have the owner skip a turn or 2 rather not using any skills. Well so far no update on the Battle Mechanics. Look forward to the monster thread around this week. Currently I'm quite busy so the thread might have some missing monsters or explanation.

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Everyone forgot completely about this...

I just thoght about something diferent for discarting: as drawing a card gives you more experience, discarting 1 could give you less.

Also, for fusion summoning, there could be a spell called Fusion (or Polymerizarion) and you fuse 2 monsters like in ygo. And for synchro summining, I guess it could be just like in ygo too.

I can't think for anything for ritual summoning thoght.
    Grayz

Character sheet
    HP:
    240/250  (240/250)
    Galds:
    5000/5000  (5000/5000)
    EXP:
    600/650  (600/650)

Post by Grayz on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:32 pm

For ritual you need a certain spell to call them if they take up 8 stars then you have to wait about 4 turns , if they take up 4 stars then you have to wait 2 turns to summon them. How about that. I will open a topic for monsters today but it will be empty. aj can you copy and paste our ideas for the monsters effect in this thread to the new one?, I can make a topic just for today.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:23 pm